8.18.2008

procrastination is...well...i'll you about it later...

i've learned a few things about procrastination recently...the hard way of course.  my glasses broke...twice.  the first time was the other night at sundowner.  my left "temple wire" just snapped when i tried to take them off for a second.  and then just yesterday the right one broke the same way.  i took them into pearl vision today and found out the 1-year warranty was in fact up.  it was almost as if the manufacturers specifically planned for them to destroy themselves just past the warranty's expiration.  hmm...  anyway, i have needed contacts for a while but have been putting it off until the last possible moment.  well...needless to say that moment came to me in a snap...literally.  so i conned the optometrist into giving me a free pair of loner contacts until i come in and renew my prescription.  new glasses come in next monday and i'm gonna stretch these contacts for 3 months and buy more online with the copy of my old prescription.  

the second part of the story has to do with h&r block and a bunch of money, but i won't bore you with the details.

so i guess what i'm really trying to say is :: i didn't really learn anything.  ha!

no but seriously, take it from me.  don't wait until you have been literally blinded before you decide it's time to take care of yourself.

No comments: